Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival / Dismissal Process
Director of Operations & PreK-2nd Principal
Arrival & Dismissal Maps
EARLY LEARNING CENTER
Toddlers & Preschool & ELC Pre-K
7:00 AM-6:00 PM / MON-FRI
PRE-KINDERGARTEN (AM Half-Day)
8:35 AM – 11:35 AM / MON-FRI
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (K-5)
8:30 AM – 3:05 PM / MON-THURS
8:30 AM – 1:05 PM / FRI
MIDDLE SCHOOL (6-8)
8:30 AM – 3:25 PM / MON-THURS
8:30 AM – 1:25 PM / FRI
AM Care: 7:00 – 8:00 AM / MON-FRI
PM Care: 3:05 – 5:30 PM / MON-THURS
Friday Care: 1:05 – 5:30 PM
Welcome to Northshore Christian Academy! We are so glad you are a part of our school family this year. Our goal is to have a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal plan so we can manage traffic in an effective manner. In order to do this, we need your help.
Please view our Arrival/Dismissal Video for 2022-2023 below!
Safety is the priority. Efficiency comes second. It is a complex process and we are always willing to make adjustments to improve the experience. Most importantly, please be patient & drive slow—Our Campus Speed Limit is 5 miles per/hour!
- Arrival will remain the same as last year (approach down 23rd)
- Please do your best to arrive after 8:00am
- You can choose to park and walk in or use the arrival process
- Have your student ready to exit the car
- We use both lanes
- Keep pulling forward until lanes come to a stop or directed by an employee
- Think of the process as happening in ‘waves’. As all students exit, the next group of cars pulls in.
- Do not panic if it hits 8:30am and you are in a line. We will keep the arrival process open until our line is cleared. After a week or so we are pretty precise about closing the gate at 8:30.
- If you are late and the gate is closed, simply park and walk your student in.
- If a backup occurs on Merrill Creek it is often because of the stop light. The line moves relatively quickly. Once things normalize, we get everyone through by 8:30am.
- A majority of the process is the same as last year. However, a big change is how we ‘cue up’ prior to dismissal actually starting. EVERY NCA family will need to enter our campus going down 60th st. (left off of 23rd)
- If you are parking and walking in, please go past the newly painted dismissal lanes and find a spot to park.
- Our dismissal lanes are designed to get cars off the public street and avoid major back-ups.
- Your colored sign with your students name is paramount in helping this process run smoothly. Please have that displayed on your windshield!
- Follow directions given by the staff member as to which lane you will wait in.
- A staff member will direct lanes in the order they are filled to go through the “normal” dismissal process.
- You will exit the dismissal lanes and enter 23rd Drive and go around the building.
- Orange line will be located by the roundabout. Pink will be on the left as you head to the back of the building, and Blue will be on the right side until you cross over at the NW corner
- Middle School Green will be on the Olympic Pavilion patio, Yellow and Purple will be in the dismissal lanes for your student to come to you.
- A staff person will direct you where to stop and pick up your child. If you do not have your colored sign, we will need to see your ID and make sure you are on the approved pick up list.
- Please make sure your Approved Pick Up List is current.
- When your child gets in the car, if they need help buckling up, please pull forward and you can buckle them up in an empty parking spot.
- Siblings: elementary will go to the youngest child and be in their dismissal location. MS: 6th grade will have their siblings join them on the patio. 7th and 8th will walk with their sibling from the blue line to their car waiting in the dismissal lanes.
- You will exit campus on 60th Street.