NCA Distance Learning Information
Governor Inslee has ordered that all schools public and private remain closed for the balance of the 2019-2020 school year.
He has further given direction to preserve services in our Early Learning Center, which we are complying with at this time.
This page is provided to serve our NCA families as we continue learning and moving toward the next grade level. We are so grateful to provide this platform to our students, and while it is not the same as in-classroom learning, it is designed to continue building on all we have accomplished to date.
Parents can use the following website to access the Google Site for student learning:
NCA Distance Learning Parent Portal
Family Chapel – Each Wednesday at 2:00 pm
We will begin having chapel together each week and invite all NCA families to join us. Links will be sent weekly via email to log in.
Prayer support! Call our counselors, pastors, or principals’ for prayer.
Financial help needed? Explore our deferred tuition program or our tuition assistance program. Contact Dan Richards in the Business Office. firstname.lastname@example.org
NCA school budget is made up of 70% personnel costs. Our teachers are working harder than ever with extended hours in a way that integrates new technology while sustaining loving relationships.
Can you donate to our NCA Family Hardship Fund? Join us in helping our families in need! Contact our Development Coordinator Lina Maragliano. email@example.com.
Partnering with Parents
Need to go to your child’s locker? You must contact your principal first and make arrangements. We have a high degree of proper safeguards in place on campus while serving you.
Principals send out their newsletter to you every Friday.
They hold a weekly zoom meeting with you at 8:00 am:
- K-2 on Tuesday
- 3-5 on Wednesday
- 6-8 on Thursday
This is recorded and saved on the Distance Learning Site.
SAFETY and SECURITY – From NCA IT Education Director, Mr. Kris Peterson
Providing a safe and secure remote learning experience for our students is essential. Many of you may have seen in the news recently that Zoom has had some security concerns. NCA began to implement some of these safety steps a couple of weeks ago and added additional precautions over spring break. We will continue to evaluate our options as we look for the best ways to serve our students, parents, and teachers for online learning.
NCA Zoom Policies:
- Zoom is now requiring accounts to access the meetings. Parents (not kids) need to set up an account before using it for school meetings. This is an added security measure.
- We will be changing Zoom links weekly.
- We will be using passwords to access the Zoom meetings in the unlikely event that someone guesses the 9-digit meeting ID. These passwords can be embedded into the link itself, which will make access still a simple click away for students.
- We will not be posting Zoom links on public sites. We will directly email or post them on our learning platforms.
- Meetings will not be able to start until the teacher has started it.
- Screensharing will be turned off for students by default.
- We will enable the waiting room option. In the waiting room, students are put on hold before teachers give them specific approval to join.
We look forward to continuing to meet the educational needs of our students as we navigate these remote learning opportunities.
Distance Learning Sharing
We know you are all doing amazing things to support the learning environment at home. Our heart desires to encourage and build relationships within our community during this challenging time. With that in mind, please email your distance learning photo’s to Tanya Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Q&A: QA from Webinar
Watch our recorded webinar to find out more information: Webinar training
Parent Presentation Slides for Distance learning can be viewed here