Walk-a-Thon Event Day
Walk-A-Thon Event Day
NCA Walk-a-Thon Event Day – Thursday, June 10th
It’s Walk-a-Thon time! It is an exciting event and we have been busy preparing for an amazing Walk-a-Thon. NCA families and students have done their part of raising the funds, and now it’s time to WALK!
This year will look different, and thank you in advance for your help and understanding of our Covid restrictions and schedules.
Below are details of how we are doing the Walk-a-Thon this year.
- Parents will not walk with students, but you are invited to park in the parking lot around the perimeter – bring lawn chairs, cheer on the students with noisemakers, bubbles, pom poms – No squirt guns or water devices.
- Please team with us and wear your mask for this event if you are attending. See the attached map for parking.
- Our parking lot gates will close 5 minutes before each walk and remain closed for the entire walk (approx. 45 minutes).
- Vehicles will not be able to leave the parking lot during the walks.
- Students will walk in current cohort classes and be intentionally spaced along the Walk-a-Thon course. Students will be asked to wear their masks
- 9:00 AM ELC & Pre-K Walk-a-Thon (No parent involvement this year)
- 10:00 AM K–2nd Grades Walk-a-Thon
- 11:30 AM 3-5th Grades Walk-a-Thon
- 1:00 PM Middle School Walk-a-Thon
- 2:00 PM Zoom Celebration Assembly – Link to watch celebration nca.school/parents/live/
We love your involvement and help and really couldn’t do this without you! Below is a list of items that we think will make this event special for all involved.
- Families joining in the fun by parking and celebrating as students walk.
- Pom Poms, signs, and noisemakers
- Bubbles – wands, and machines
- Sunscreen your child and send some for reapplication (by law, because of allergies, we cannot provide sunscreen)
- Students can wear their 2021 Walk-a-Thon t-shirt (not a free dress day, uniform if not wearing WAT shirt)
- Comfortable walking shoes (No flip flops)
- Join the online celebration! nca.school/parents/live/
- Water squirting or splashing
- Syringe/plunger action devices (purchased or homemade)
- Candy throwing
The Virtual Academy is also going to be participating in our Walk-a-Thon this year. They will join their division as a cohort class.
VA parents are encouraged to park and celebrate the event with the other parents in the parking lot. See the list below for VA walkers
Virtual Academy Plan
- Space will be made for the Virtual Academy in each divisional walk. Meet next to the first aid station.
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes before in order to check-in, pick up incentives and use the restroom prior to the walk.
- Students will remain in a cohort class the entire time.
- Parents will be asked to stay on-site during the walk and then depart after their applicable walk.
- Middle school VA students can stay with their teachers to enjoy the live broadcasted celebration from the school auditorium.
- K-5 grade students may watch the celebration from home or return and watch the celebration in the school auditorium with their teachers and classmates.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the parking lot.
- The total amount raised and prize winners will be announced at the virtual celebration assembly.
- The parent participation link is: nca.school/parents/live
- Regular after-school dismissal will take place that day.
Thank you again for all the support to make this event a highlight of the year!