Summer Enrichment Classes
NSAE Summer Program
Northshore Christian Academy’s School of Arts and Enrichment (NSAE) offers a great selection of after school classes throughout the school year and during the summer. This Summer we are offering four classes on-campus between August 3-27, 2020.
Students registered in NCA’s Summer Program may also register for Summer Enrichment Classes and will be escorted from the Summer Program to their NSAE Enrichment Class(es). All students are invited and are welcome to take these age appropriate classes even if they are NOT enrolled at Northshore Christian Academy or attend our Summer Program.
Summer Enrichment Classes Offered
Each of the classes below are offered two hours a day, four days a week (Mon-Thurs) and include:
Kindergarten Readiness (for students entering Kindergarten in Fall 2020)
Children will learn reading readiness skills and participate in phonemic awareness activities that prepare them for beginning phonics. There will be practice with counting and number sense, as well as fine motor activities. Children will be exposed to a kindergarten classroom setting with classroom routines and procedures. We will have fun and learn the independent skills that are needed for kindergarten!
Taught by Mrs. Carrie Davis, NCA Kindergarten Teacher
Dates: August 3-6 (No class Friday)
S.T.E.A.M. Ahead (For Students in Grades 1-4 in Fall 2020)
STEAM Summer Camp at NCA is an exciting and hands-on learning opportunity with an emphasis on the STEAM curriculum areas (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics).
Taught by Ms. Lindsay Carter, NCA 5th Grade Teacher
Dates: August 10-13 (No class on Friday)
Beginning Drama Camp (For Students in Grades K-2 in Fall 2020)
Have fun, build confidence, and stretch your imagination in Drama Camp. We will explore creative movement, pantomime, how to create a character, and storytelling– all through a series of fun Drama games designed for young students.
Taught by Mrs. Terrie Lemcio, NCA Drama Teacher and Producer of Middle School Musicals
Dates: Aug 17-20 (No class on Friday)
School Readiness for 1st Grade (for students entering 1st Grade in Fall 2020)
Are you ready for school? It can be difficult to get your brain into “school mode” after a long, relaxing summer. So, have a blast while you get into shape for the big race—school! Students will be working on planning and organization. We’ll also build our brain muscles by practicing a little bit of everything: math, writing and science. You can’t get ready for a big race without a warm-up, so we’ll integrate music and lots of creativity into this fun-filled week!
Taught by Mrs. Andrea Rystrom
Dates: August 24-27 (No class on Friday)
Families may register for Summer classes on iClass Pro, our online registration portal where you can view and sign up for NSAE Classes, securely pay online, and stay up to date on all information via the online portal.
- If you have not created an account on iclass pro, you will need to do so before you can register your child for any classes.
- Click on classes on the menu bar on left-hand side. On the Class page, scroll down until you find the number for the corresponding class listed below.
- The ages for each class are for students entering that grade in the fall of 2020. (Example, if your child is currently the 4th grade you will be enrolling them as a 5th grader for the summer classes)
- You must pay for classes in advance before you are registered. If you are not prompted to pay for a class then you are not officially enrolled in a class. Please contact Kyra York at 425.322.2367 if you need assistance.
- All Classes are non-refundable. Tuition will not be refunded for vacations, illnesses, missed class, change of mind, withdrawal, suspension or dismissal of any student.
- Class Cancellations: Tuition is non-refundable unless the class is canceled or has a schedule change.