What ARE WATCH D.O.G.S.®?
DOGS stands for Dads of Great Students! That’s You! Since we launched our NCA WatchDOGS program in 2013, our WatchDOGS have become a very valuable asset to NCA and a blessing to those who chose to volunteer! The first year we started the program, 200 Dads signed up and volunteered!
The idea is simple…get Dads in school with their kids! Dads, Grandfathers, Uncles, etc. volunteer two days during the school year, and provide NCA students with a positive male role model. WatchDOGS interact with NCA students during arrival, in classrooms, on the playground, in the halls and lunchroom. In addition, security walks are done several times throughout the day around the perimeter of our campus to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Our goal is to have at least one or two Dads (or Grandfathers, Uncles, etc…) on campus each school day.
Ready to choose a date for this school year? Click the button below:
(Please note that all NCA volunteers must complete our required National Background Check prior to volunteering on campus)
Volunteering Adds More
Microsoft Employee Volunteer Grant Program:
- Microsoft employees who volunteer with a non-profit such as NCA can request a grant of $25 per hour volunteered.
- Refer to Microsoft’s Volunteer Grant Submission Process for details.
Boeing Employee Volunteer Grant Program:
- Boeing matches your volunteer hours with dollars to recognize employees who volunteer with non-profit organizations like NCA.
- For every 10 hours of volunteer service, Boeing will donate $100 to NCA!
- Refer to Boeing’s Global Engagement Program more for details and to submit your hours for matching.
Other Company Volunteer Programs:
- Connect with your HR department to inquire if your company also offers a grant for employee volunteer hours.
- Other companies who offer this program include Verizon, T-Mobile, Starbucks, Expedia, Alaska Airlines, Dell and others.
Northshore Christian Church & Academy is a charitable 501 (c)(3) organization:
Tax ID: 91-1515354
Request a Tour Today!
Northshore Christian Academy is known for more than just our amazing curriculum, we also have one of the most incredible private school campuses in Washington State. See it for yourself.