Questions? Call NCA’s Thrive Program at 425.322.2353 or email email@example.com
Each child is uniquely created in God’s image, and each child has a unique learning journey. Growth doesn’t happen in a perfect straight-line, but with ups and downs. When students need additional support, THRIVE is a support for the whole child. Our purpose is to provide a proactive education to successfully prepare students for life’s challenges. When things get too heavy we have tools to help students continue to grow academically, spiritually, and personally.
Some of the ways our Thrive Team can help…
- Give students individual mentoring and coaching with personal difficulties.
- Partner with parents / caregivers to find strategies and solutions for their students to reach their full potential.
- Provide academic accountability by problem-solving and goal-setting with students.
- Coach students with organization and time management
- Individual tutoring to provide learning support to help fill the gaps.
- Assist teachers with appropriate accommodations to help all students be successful.
- Transition students to a new grade level, bridge from elementary to middle school, and middle school to high school.
- Educate all students about relevant topics such as conflict-resolution, dealing with bullying, personal safety, etc.
God works in our weaknesses and fears. He promises to us in 2 Corinthians 12:9; “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Learning to rely on God and allowing him to help through all our struggles in life will foster a life-long relationship with Jesus.
Thrive Program Team Members:
- Director – Janet Christy
- Leaders – Pam Jackson, Heather Shaw, Doug McCardle, Noelle Brown
- Tutors – Janet Christy, Debbie Ellis, Janet Lines, & Janet Scarth
- Speech/Language Pathologist – Chrissy Nicolici
- Counselors – Gene Berge & Kaylene Williams
- Nurse – Gina Kikuta, Joanie Gorhum
Thrive Tutors offer:
- K-8 all academic areas as well as executive functioning support
- 1:1 intentional and personalized support
- Thrive Tutors are trained in the Orton-Gillingham approach for literacy learning (explicit, systematic, multi-sensory)
- Additional time and support for concepts taught in the classroom and classroom homework
- Remedial instruction for gap areas in learning (learning goals to be established through a tutoring plan; may include accommodations support)
- Accommodation support
- Semester communication of progress
Middle School School Support
Middle School offers student support through:
- Intervention period: 2x week/25 minutes; flexible time for support with core academic classes
- Math Lab: 2 days/week; support with math class content
- Academic Advisory Lab: 2 days/week; general academic support for class assignments
Mrs. Chrissy Nicolici, M.S., CCC-SLP (Speech Pathologist) began working alongside NCA in 2012 as the school’s Speech Pathologist. Mrs. Nicolici has a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences, as well as a Masters of Science in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Washington. She has prior experience as a speech therapist with Children’s Hospital. Currently Mrs. Nicolici serves as an independent contractor to NCA for students with Speech and Language supplemental needs.
Speech production and fluency
Social language skills
Cognitive – communication skills (ex: executive functions, attention, problem solving, sequencing, memory)