Questions? Call NCA’s Thrive Program at
425.322.2353 or email email@example.com
THRIVE TUTORS OFFER
- 1:1 intentional and personalized support; utilizing multi-sensory techniques.
- Additional time and support for concepts taught in the classroom and classroom homework
- Remedial instruction for gap areas in learning (learning goals to be established through a tutoring plan; may include accommodations support)
- Semester communication of progress
Each child is uniquely created in God’s image, and each child has a unique learning journey. Growth doesn’t happen in a perfect straight-line, but with ups and downs. When students need additional support, THRIVE is a support for the whole child. Our purpose is to provide a proactive education to successfully prepare students for life’s challenges. When things get too heavy we have tools to help students continue to grow academically, spiritually, and personally.
Some of the ways we can help. . .
- Give students individual mentoring and coaching with personal difficulties.
- Partner with parents / caregivers to find strategies and solutions for their students to reach their full potential.
- Provide academic accountability by problem-solving and goal-setting with students.
- Coach students with organization and time management
- Individual tutoring to provide learning support to help fill the gaps.
- Assist teachers with appropriate accommodations to help all students be successful.
- Transition students to a new grade level, bridge from elementary to middle school, and middle school to high school.
- Educate all students about relevant topics such as conflict-resolution, dealing with bullying, personal safety, etc.
God works in our weaknesses and fears. He promises to us in 2 Corinthians 12:9; “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Learning to rely on God and allowing him to help through all our struggles in life will foster a life-long relationship with Jesus.
Thrive Program Team Members:
- Director – Janet Christy
- Principals – Jordan Gage, Julie Deppa, Pam Jackson, Heather Shaw
- Counselors – Gene Berge & Kaylene Williams
- Nurse – Gina Kikuta
- Tutors – Janet Christy, Debbie Ellis, Janet Lines, Jan Trosvig, & Janet Scarth
- Speech – Language Pathologist – Chrissy Nicolici
Elementary and Middle School School Support
Math Lab (middle school)—This class is offered to supplement and support a student’s regular math course. Participants are encouraged to bring specific problems and concepts for which they need help and clarification. They are allowed to work on their math assignments and correct work from cumulative tests. The teacher for Math Lab will consult with the regular Math teachers, review concepts recently presented in the regular class and assist students to demonstrate those concepts. The instructor will also analyze basic skill weaknesses on the part the students and give them opportunities to strengthen deficiencies. This is not a study hall, but a supervised, directed, course aimed at mastery of grade-level material and skill acquisition.
Reading and Math Buddies (Grades 1-2/5th Grade)—Reading/Math Buddies is part of the 5th-grade Leadership Program. Fifth-grade students volunteer to be a reading or math buddy for a 1st or 2nd-grade student. First and second-grade students have an opportunity for a little bit of extra practice with reading or math facts, as well as building a relationship with their older buddy. This program is offered based on leader availability.
Mrs. Chrissy Nicolici, M.S., CCC-SLP (Speech Pathologist) began working alongside NCA in 2012 as the school’s Speech Pathologist. Mrs. Nicolici has a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences, as well as a Masters of Science in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Washington. She has prior experience as a speech therapist with Children’s Hospital. Currently Mrs. Nicolici serves as an independent contractor to NCA for students with Speech and Language supplemental needs.
Speech production and fluency
Social language skills
Cognitive – communication skills (ex: executive functions, attention, problem solving, sequencing, memory)