The Spanish Speaking Connection
We invite all NCA Spanish Speaking Families to join us in celebrating our heritage and representing it to the NCA community!
The Spanish Speaking Connection Invites all Spanish Speaking Connection News:
Our group enjoyed a potluck meeting and Christmas celebration hosted by one of our NCA Spanish Speaking Connection.
Some of our past events have included after school meetings and potlucks. Our most recent event was our Christmas potluck. This amazing gathering was our best meeting so far! We had a special time for our families, not only moms, to gather, get to know each other better, enjoy a delicious meal and provide a time for our children to play, sing Spanish carols, read the story of Jesus from the Bible and discuss the real meaning of Christmas. We were blessed by Dads connecting with each other and having great conversations. Of course, moms enjoyed catching up with each other and our children had so much fun, they did not want the evening to end. We would like to invite all Spanish speaking families to become part of our Spanish Speaking Connection group.
The Korean Connection
NCA’s Korean Connection Group is a collective of parents who are Korean and have students at NCA. Monthly meetings are conducted during the school year to discuss academics, programs, events and more!
Want more information?
Efforts and Events
Our recent events included sponsoring a special Luncheon for NCA Teachers & Staff and helping to procure desserts for the 2019 auction. At the Luncheon for NCA Teachers & Staff, we went above and beyond by adding traditional Korean décor as well as providing a traditional Korean gift for each person who attended. For the auction we help to provide over a dozen dessert for the annual dessert dash.
African and African American (AAA) Connection
African and African American (AAA) PTF connection was created June 7, 2019, by a group of parents of NCA students of African descent to:
- Create opportunities for our children to connect with each other, learn about each other’s culture and language, and build a support system.
- Connect parents and serve as a support system for all families involved in student development partnering with NCA teachers and staff.
- Facilitate more involvement and better communication with parents of NCA students of African descent and NCA.
Our hope and prayer for African and African American PTF connections are to be Christ-like and God-honoring in all we do and say by being a supportive, positive, and encouraging group.
All parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and guardians with African heritage are automatically members of AAA connection. No membership process and No dues. You are a member!
- African and African American (AAA) connection has a volunteer board that manages all of the AAA programs throughout the school year.
- Board positions include a Leader and three Co-Leaders.
- Based on availability, one of the board members attend the monthly NCA PTF meeting.
- AAA connection’s Board members work closely with NCA’s Superintendent, Principals, PTF President and other NCA PTF connection leaders.